EarthBox® Education Instructional School STEM-based Classroom Garden Kit
Kids grow green, grow smart and grow healthy with project-based EarthBox® Instructional School Gardens. They develop STEM-based skills, learn where their food comes from, and how to get fit in the garden. The science-based activities in the guide review and reinforce the skills taught in the standards-based curricula. They facilitate the development of horticultural, technological, entrepreneurial, and nutrition skills that prepare students for the work force, and help them fight obesity, Type II Diabetes, and other diet-related diseases. In just 40 days, students can grow a row of spinach for the food pantry as a Service-Learning, or community service project.
The applied science in the eco-friendly EarthBox® gardening system reinforces STEM-based academic skills. Kids learn where their food comes from, how to get fit, and they get to eat the healthy produce they grow! This classroom garden comes with 6 ready-to-grow kits.
The included Youth Garden Guide includes 29 stand-alone activities that incorporate a "Get Fit in the Garden" physical fitness routine into each activity, and is suitable for students from middle school through college. The guide is published on FSC-approved paper, and is 3-hole punched to fit in a 3-ring binder (not included). All student hand outs are reproducible.
- 1-Year, 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Money Back
- University Tested and Award-Winning Technology
- No Weeding, No Overwatering, Maintenance-Free System
- Food-Safe, UV-Stabilized, Durable Plastic Planter
- Small Footprint, Each Box Measures 29" L x 11" H x 13.5" W/D
- Science, Technology, Engineering and Math Curriculum
- Keeps Children Interested with Engaging Lesson Plans
- 2nd Edition Youth Garden Guide
- 6 EarthBox® Containers
- 6 Aeration Screens
- 6 Water Fill Tubes
- 12 Black & White Reversible Mulch Covers
- 24 Casters
- 6 lbs. of 7-7-7 Fertilizer
- 6 lbs. of Organic Dolomite
- 12 cu. ft. of Organic Potting Mix
- Instruction Sheet & Planting Guide
*Items shipped to AK, HI, US territories, and Canada are delivered by Parcel Post and may take longer to ship—please plan accordingly.
For expedited shipping options, shipping to APO/FPO addresses, and shipping orders over $1,500 - please contact Customer Service.
OTHER GREAT ITEMS
EarthBox® Automatic Watering SystemAs low as $49.95
EarthBox® Garden Stand$49.95
EarthBox® Starter BundleRegular Price $136.99 Special Price $121.99
EarthBox® Staking SystemAs low as $25.95