Photo of the Month
EarthBox growers, submit your photos of your EarthBox gardens brimming with vegetables, herbs, fruit, and flowers for all to enjoy! We will be selecting many winners. In addition to an EarthBox prize, you might see your photo in an upcoming E-newsletter, catalog, or other promotional materials. We are looking for photos that include your planted EarthBox gardening systems.
Before submitting, please make sure your image is:
- • .JPG, .TIFF, or "Raw" file format image types from a digital camera. Actual photos and scanned images are not accepted.
- • RGB and CMYK color modes are both acceptable (Most cameras and computers default to RGB)
- • At least 640 x 480 pixels (or 5 x 7 inches if using standard measuring)
- • Preferably 300 dpi, but a minimum of 72 dpi
Tips for taking the best EarthBox garden photos:
- • Take advantage of automatic adjustments and settings on your digital camera for the best results.
- • Photos taken on an overcast or "grey day" are the best because the lighting minimizes too much contrast. If you are taking photos inside or at dusk/nighttime, using a flash is advisable.
- • Make sure you are using the Mulch Cover on the EarthBox gardening system in your photo.
- • Be sure the image shows the EarthBox gardening system and the plant(s) growing in it.
- • Please do not send us images with competing products in the picture (Grow Box by GardenPatch, Grow-ums, City Pickers just to name a few). We love to see comparison pictures of the EarthBox gardening system next to a traditional in-ground garden, or a generic container/planter.
- • Say Cheese! We welcome family members, children, yourself, and even pets to be included in your pictures!
- • Providing a brief testimonial with your photo submission is preferred.
- • Simplicity leads to excellent photos—please try to keep backgrounds in your photos uncomplicated and/or clutter-free.
ELIGIBILITY: You must be at least 13 years old to enter.
Email your best photos to email@example.com with the subject line: Photo of the Month Contest.